Join our team at Kickapoo!
We are a state park concessionaire located in Kickapoo State Recreation Area, Oakwood, Illinois. Kickapoo State Recreation Area, a 2,842 acre Illinois state park is a place of natural beauty where you can go running or hiking, canoeing, fishing for trout, camping, hunting, or even scuba diving.
Qualified candidates should have excellent customer service, communication skills, the ability to work outdoors for extended periods, work well with others and be able to work weekends. Experience paddling and/or bike trail riding is helpful but not necessary.
Some onsite weekend work required in April and early May. Applicants must be available Memorial Day weekend and July 4th weekend.
View open positions below:
Customer Experience Associate
- Thoroughly understand reservation system for booking customers into activities through the Point of Sale, online reservation and back office system.
- Conduct check-in activities such as reservations, cashier, waiver signing, proper explanation of equipment, regulations and procedures. Address any customer concerns/issues.
- Responsible for making sure customer phone and email inquiries are promptly addressed.
- In store opening/closing procedures, housekeeping tasks and various appointed responsibilities.
- Experience activities provided by Kickapoo Adventures to a sufficient degree as to be able to capably answer customer questions.
- Load trailers with proper assortment of canoes and kayaks. Secure boats to trailers in timely manner to maintain departure schedule.
- Verify and communicate to ensure proper resources available for outgoing trips.
- Prepare boats for lake rentals, including taking boat to launch area, assisting customer with advice and/or boarding assistance, and launching boat into water. Also assist with returning boats.
- Recover boats from landing area and replace in storage. Travel with drivers to alternate landing locations and load trailers.
- Grounds housekeeping duties and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Track incoming customers to verify safe return. Participate in search efforts when needed.
River Trip Coordinator
- Must be 21 years of age and have good driving record.
- Present pre-trip orientation to customers.
- Confirm resources on trailer match customer requirements. Assist with trailer loading as needed.
- Keep to departure schedule and transport customers to launch site.
- Unload boats from trailers and assist customers with river launch as needed.
- Must be able to drive van-trailer combination and maneuver trailers sufficiently to access launch sites and boatyard.
Anyone interested in the positions should contact: